Disable NetBios over TCP/IP on Windows XP - options for DHCP server

Glenn Satchell Glenn.Satchell at uniq.com.au
Thu Apr 17 16:46:07 UTC 2008

There's a few references to this way back in the archives. There's a
Microsoft Knowledge base number to refer to to see the codes that MS
uses in it's client.

You can also search the archives, this has been referred to a few times
in the past, here's an example fom about 2004:

#  Config the MS specific extensions, see:
#  Microsoft Knowledge Base Article #313314
#  MS lies it's not 8 bit ints, it's 32.

option space MSFT;
option MSFT.disable-netbios-over-tcpip code 1 = unsigned integer 32;
option MSFT.release-dhcp-lease-on-shutdown code 2 = unsigned integer 32;

option MSFT.disable-netbios-over-tcpip 0;
option MSFT.release-dhcp-lease-on-shutdown 1;

regards,
-glenn