Excluding a range from a subnet

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed Apr 23 20:11:09 UTC 2008

Lars Jacobsen wrote:

>I would try declearing them as host with fictive MAC addresses.
>If it works, it wil be a lot easier to manage the list of hosts,
>than segmentation of the pool ranges.

If you'd followed the thread you would know that this does NOT work.
Declaring a host with fixed-address does NOT reserve the address or
prevent it being allocated to another client if you also include it
in a dynamic range.

If you have a static address, whether locally configured or via host
& fixed address, then you MUST NOT include it in a dynamic
range<period>