Files location in DHCP 4.0.0

gagadget at free.fr gagadget at free.fr
Tue Apr 29 16:39:53 UTC 2008

Selon rakesh zingade <rakeshzingade at gmail.com>:

> have you defined $INSTALL_DIR as an environmental variable...
> before proceding check `echo $INSTALL_DIR` or directly execute configure as
> below
>
> ./configure --prefix=/home/xyz/dhcp
> where /home/xyz/dhcp is the target dir
>
> try this ..

Yes $INSTALL_DIR is set and the configure works correctly by generating the
makefiles and some of the sources but not everything is generated correctly.

Especially the dhcpd.conf location which is hard coded in dhcpd.h, same for
dhclient.conf and so on ...

The trick is to set the right values in site.h but as I use a script to automate
the compilation and the genration of solaris package, it is far easier to set
everything is the configure command line than modify a file with sed.

I was wondering if this was done on purpose or this was just because dhcp
configure recently changed from script to autotools. I also wonder if this has a
chance to be corrected one day.

Thank you for the answer.
Gael.