Remove a lease with omapi

Marc Perea marccp at srttel.com
Thu Aug 7 14:22:47 UTC 2008

Hello,

I need to make a lease invalid or remove it and am wondering what the best way to do this is.

I know I can shutdown the server process, open the leases file, search and find the lease, and then delete it, but that's a pretty cumbersome process.

I've tried to use omapi (omshell actually) which really eases my search and finding of the lease, but I don't know what to do once I've got that info.

For example, I connect to omshell, new lease, set ip-address = a.b.c.d, open. It shows me the lease info. Now what can I do?

I tried unset state, update - but that crashes the service...

Is removing the lease, or perhaps setting the state to free, something that can be done with omshell or should I be using some other interface to accomplish this?

Any other ideas or comments welcome! Thanks!

--Marc