problem with 3.1.1 not returning router address

Jeff Wieland wieland at purdue.edu
Tue Aug 19 20:04:28 UTC 2008

David W. Hankins wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 03:33:02PM -0400, Jeff Wieland wrote:
>>> You suspect correctly, we have a fix committed for 3.1.2.
>> Will this be released soon?  Can we get a beta to try out?
>
> I think we'll start 3.1.2b1 in an order of weeks.  DHCP Forum members
> have read-only CVS access, as do some support customers (but they can
> also just request a custom tarball).
>
> 4.1.0a2, 4.0.1b1 are ahead of it in line.

Hmmm.  We had to back 3.1.1 out on some of our production servers,
as it was causing numerous clients to be unable to get a default
route.  There are these new Linksys routers for instance that show
the problem.  So you're saying that we can't get the beta yet, and
that we don't have CVS access?
--
           Jeff Wieland            |         Purdue University
    Network Systems Administrator  |        ITN&S Data Networks