Macintosh Users

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed Aug 20 09:25:32 UTC 2008

Marshall, Steve wrote:
>I'm having problems getting my dhcpd server to give IP addresses to
>Apple computers.  I can see a DHCPDiscover come in and a DHCPOffer
>go out but the address is never accepted.  Any idea?

What OS are they running ?

I know that OS9 used to have a problem where it would "just stop"
accepting DHCP addressing - and the option was to delete the
networking prefs, or switch to static addressing and back to DHCP.

I've run nearly all versions of OS X from 10.0 to the 10.5.4 I'm
running now, and I don't recall any problems (at least with an ISC
DHCP server).