Dhcp 4.1.0a1 installation pb in Redhat Enterprise 5

EL MAGROUD Redouane r.elmagroud at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 10:15:51 UTC 2008

Hi all
I am traying to install DHCP Server version 4.1.0a1 in Redhat Enterprise 5,
i followed all the steps:
1- ./configure
2-make
3-make install

but after finished the installation ; I noticed that i havn't the following
files:

/etc/dhcpd.conf
/var/db/dhcpd.releases
/etc/sysconfig/dhcpd
/etc/init.d/dhcpd

then I created all them manually, and the dhcpd works well when i use"dhcpd"
command; but I can't stop/restart or see the status; below the message :
#dhcpd  restart

Wrote 5 leases to leases file.

No subnet declaration for status (no IPv4 addresses).
** Ignoring requests on status.  If this is not what
   you want, please write a subnet declaration
   in your dhcpd.conf file for the network segment
   to which interface status is attached. **

Not configured to listen on any interfaces!

please, need your help.

thanks.

--
Red1