DHCP don't acknowledges more than 80 users??

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz at cmu.edu
Wed Dec 3 23:37:24 UTC 2008

--On Wednesday, December 03, 2008 08:30:29 AM +0100 Martin Hochreiter
<linuxbox at wavenet.at> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I am still playing around with the problem that an  3.0.5 Dhcpd (that is
> now failover),
> isn't working correctly if I make it to a primary.
>
> I checked the logfiles of the last tests and disovered that it does not
> work any more
> after serving exactly 80 machines.
> After that no new DHCPACK is recorded and the machines are not getting an
> address
>
> can somebody tell me why please

Well, let's see...

- no logs
- no configuration
- no lease database

Nope, no one can tell you why.

Try asking again with relevant log entries, a _complete_ copy of your
dhcpd.conf (not just the parts you think are important), and some idea of
what leases have been given out (I hesitate to suggest posting the entire
dhcpd.leases file only because it may be quite large and mostly
irrelevant).  Then someone may be able to help you figure out the problem.

-- Jeffrey T. Hutzelman (N3NHS) <jhutz+ at cmu.edu>