DHCP don't acknowledges more than 80 users??

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Dec 5 08:43:22 UTC 2008

Joe in MPLS wrote:
>IIRC... failover peers split the address pools for each subnet with
>each peer getting half of the addresses. A peer won't claim the
>other half of the addresses until its partner is down long enough to
>be considered (more or less) permanently down. Do you have 160
>addresses in that subnet's pool?

I thought you had to explicitly set a server to "partner down" state
for it to take over all addresses. This is because there are faults
that can result in both servers being up and able to communicate with
clients, but not communicate with each other - therefore you cannot
assume that just because you can't talk to the partner, it's down.

--
Simon Hobson