option hostname

abhijit khadatare anks030 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 07:33:49 UTC 2008

hi everybody,
     i need to set up linux based isc-dhcp server gives ip based on hostname
only.We have switch which insert its hostname in dhcp packet,
so the scenerio is like this

[switch_1]-------------------------[isc-dhcp server]------[switch_3]

                                          [switch_2]
all client connected to switch_1 having hostname in their dhcp packet get
replaced by "switch_1"
 since switch replaces hostname from client dhcp packet so there might any
problem occures?

when we on debug mode msg . is "Unable to add forward map from
host_name.isc_dhcp to 192.168.1.50: timed out"
can any one suggest why this msg came?dhcpd.conf