DHCP-3.1.1 on ARM.

Paul Selkirk Paul_Selkirk at isc.org
Mon Dec 29 16:42:30 UTC 2008

>      I am trying to compile dhcp-3.1.1 on ARM.
>      Please could you provide the information as to how to enable compilation
>      on ARM in a cross-development scenario?

The way OpenWrt handles this in dhcp-3.1 is to patch the configure
script to allow you to override the `uname` discovery process.

So then you would do something like the following, to build for Linux
on a MIPS target:

UNAME_S=Linux
UNAME_M=mipsel
UNAME_R=2.6.23
./configure --copts "-Os -pipe -mips32 -mtune=mips32 -funit-at-a-time -fhonour-copts"
make CC="mipsel-linux-uclibc-gcc"

Note that the configure line is pretty much as output by OpenWrt, but
the make line is greatly simplified for clarity.  But this should get
you started in the right direction.

				paul