Watching performance on a DHCP Server

Blake Hudson blake at ispn.net
Mon Feb 11 18:55:29 UTC 2008

The known clients are mainly wireless or cable modems. I agree that
management of each CPE device by MAC can be tedious, though generally we
use a web based front end which makes the process much more simple and
scalable as far as management is concerned.

If I understood the 3.0.x code, a write (fflush) as well as an fsync
occurred anytime the lease was written (offer, ack) and the entire
leases database is re-written on restart.

I hadn't even considered the fluctuation as people turn PC's on/off
based on the work day. Though our leases have generally remained stable
in the past with a 1 day lease timer. Same goes with PPP sessions,
though those are typically managed in modem.

-Blake