Reload of dhcpd

Tom Schmitt TomSchmitt at gmx.de
Thu Feb 21 15:41:37 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have a (maybe stupid) question.

I have two DHCP-servers in failovermode. Now I modify the dhcpd.conf of the running servers and want them to reload the config. In the documentation I found two possibilities to do that and my question is, which of them is the better one? (Or is there a third?)

Possibility 1:
Send a kill-signal to the first server (the peer is going into communication-interrupted) and start it again. Then do the same with the second server.

Possibility 2:
Set the first server via OMAPI to shutdown (the peer is going into partner-down) and start it again. Then do the same with the second server.

Any suggestion what the right way is?
Thanks,
Tom.

--
Psst! Geheimtipp: Online Games kostenlos spielen bei den GMX Free Games!
http://games.entertainment.web.de/de/entertainment/games/free