Add option host-name by OMSHELL ?

Lowrie, Paul paul.lowrie at nz.unisys.com
Mon Feb 25 22:32:41 UTC 2008

Hi Folk,

I have 7000 (or so) dynamic host entries that have been loaded using the
omshell interface.  It appears I need set the "option host-name = " for
each host entry so that the DDNS uses this information rather than the
client-provided hostname.  I have tried "use-host-decl-names on" in
global scope but this seems not to work - the DNS is still being updated
with what the client thinks its name is.

Could someone confirm that

host something {
        hardware-address aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff;
        dynamic;
        option host-name "something";
}

is on the right trace - if so is it possible to add
    option host-name "something"
using omshell  ?

eg:
omshell <<EOT
new host
set name = "something"
open
set option host-name = "something"
close

All help greatly appreciated.
Paul;)

Paul Lowrie|  Managed Service Centre - GOIS
Unisys  |  56 The Terrace  |  Wellington NZ  |
"If at first you don't succeed, Skydiving is not for you."