[dhcwg] RE: Free Options

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Thu Jan 10 18:31:02 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jan 10, 2008 at 11:36:37AM -0500, Bernie Volz (volz) wrote:
> I'd perfer we NOT add these to the IANA page as that begins to make
> them look like they are assigned for this use.

I agree with the statement that we avoid discussion of these options
as part of RFC 3942 work.

But I think at least option 252 is in widespread use and is very
poorly documenting (bordering upon secrecy).  I think it would be in
the public's best interest for 252 to be documented and allocated
formally, and I've been meaning to volunteer to do so.

In my copious spare time.

But, I meant to do that long before RFC 3942, and still think of it
as a separate issue.

We should more or less evaluate this on a case by case basis.

--
Ash bugud-gul durbatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
Why settle for the lesser evil?	 https://secure.isc.org/store/t-shirt/