not reponding (resolving conflicts) for a looong time
nick.urbanik at optusnet.com.au
Tue Jan 15 04:27:24 UTC 2008
We have a failover pair serving a large number of customers.
* We have just upgraded the RAM on the secondary.
* I put the primary into partner-down state.
* I started the secondary after the RAM was installed.
* I saw both moved to the conflict resolution state, and neither were
handing out leases; both said "not reponding (resolving conflicts)"
to each request in the log files.
This continued for 22 minutes, causing an outage.
1. Is there a way to "hurry up" the transition from potential-conflict
2. Is there a way to sort this out without an outage?
3. Is it possible to transfer the dhcpd.leases file from one machine
to its partner (say using netcat) and be able to have the machines
move to the normal state after bringing up the partner with the
copied lease file? Would the lease file need editing?
Nick Urbanik http://nicku.org 808-71011 nick.urbanik at optusnet.com.au
GPG: 7FFA CDC7 5A77 0558 DC7A 790A 16DF EC5B BB9D 2C24 ID: BB9D2C24
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the dhcp-users