no Working leases on persistant database

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Tue Jan 15 19:12:37 UTC 2008

stephane lepain wrote:

>But the two NICS are configured in static. From my understanding it is
>good to prevent the DHCP client receiving DHCP service on the DHCP
>server.

Just DON'T RUN A DHCP CLIENT ! In the few Linux distributions I'm
familiar with, if you statically configure the interface, it
automatically stops using the dhcp client on it.

BTW - you are setting the interface configuration directly aren't
you, ie not confusing "configure statically" with creating a host
declaration for the DHCP server to give a specific address to a
specific client ?

>Plus, how would that host declaration stop the dhcp server from
>working on one NIC.

It doesn't, it simply stops it responding to requests from that MAC address.