Biggest installation of ISC DHCP?

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Wed Jan 23 16:08:55 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jan 19, 2008 at 10:03:09AM +1100, Nick Urbanik wrote:
> >the highest bog-standard sort of dynamic DHCP i'm familiar with is
> >2,947,035 addresses in a single failover server pair.
>
> Ours are all dynamically allocation, from three failover pairs, with
> pretty ordinary Intel servers (described in a previous post), and
> we're carrying 76% of that capacity.  Do you know what kind of machine
> those 2,947,035 addresses are handed out from?

not anymore...it's one of the few config file/lease db sets we've had
sanitized & donated by a user so we could use it in test harnesses.  i
have a vague memory it was some kind of ultrasparc, but nothing
concrete.

--
Ash bugud-gul durbatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
Why settle for the lesser evil?	 https://secure.isc.org/store/t-shirt/