More stable ISC DHCP

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Jan 25 07:48:45 UTC 2008

John Hascall wrote:

>  > Currently we're using ISC DHCP 3.0.5 as our dhcp server and we
>>  are planning to upgrade it into a new and more stable version.
>>  What do you think is most recommended? 3.0.6? 3.1.0? or 4.0.0?
>>  Thanks,
>>  Romskie
>
>We have found 3.1.0 to be very stable.

I'll just add that 3.0.5 and 3.0.6 weren't unstable, far from it.
Consider 3.0.6 and 3.1.0 to be bug and feature releases rather than
'more stable' - you can read what's changed in the release notes.
Version 4 is a major feature upgrade to support IPv6, so unless you
are wanting to do IPv6 then 3.1.0 is what I'd recommend.

If only every bit of software I have to use was as stable !