option_space_encapsulate: option space agent does not exist, but is configured.

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Mon Jan 28 16:38:36 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 02:36:34AM +1000, Andrew Pollock wrote:
> I'm doing some testing of the DHCP 3.1 client and server before I upload
> packages to Debian, and one thing I'm noticing different from say 3.0.6, is
> I get "option_space_encapsulate: option space agent does not exist, but is
> configured." emitted during a release or a lease acquisition.
>
> Can anyone tell me what it's all about, and ideally how to suppress it?

this is a bug in server/dhcp.c cons_options().

this is basically a side effect of some minor reorganizations of the
cons_options() function.  what's happening is cons_options() is
calling option_space_encapsulate() directly to fetch the agent options
to append to the packet (outside of client MSS negotiations), and in
the client no agent options space exists, so it logs.

our HEAD code for next maint release makes sure not to do this on the
client.

--
Ash bugud-gul durbatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
Why settle for the lesser evil?	 https://secure.isc.org/store/t-shirt/