option 82

Lars Jacobsen lars-jacobsen at newmail.dk
Mon Jan 28 18:44:20 UTC 2008

Erdem Ocal <EOcal at bilgibirikim.com> wrote:

> No , our customer want to give fixed adresss based on switch ports.
>
> I have read o document about this with Zyxel DS-LAN and Ip commander.
> but i think ISC Dhcp doesn't support Option 82 Suboption 2
> I have configured Zyxel DSLAN ( ie1248 ) . it will send a data 0001(
> vlan )0019 (port) 31323438 ( option 82 string )
>
> What can be dhcpd configuration ?

Most likely you will want to make a class with a pool of IP adresses
(mayby just one) and allow only client belonging to specific classes
access.
Try doing a search throgh this archive and you will find a few ideas.
Also reading the man pages wil inform you.

And yes the ISC support opt. 82

Regards
Lars