DHCP Authentication

Marco Amadori amadorim at vdavda.com
Wed Jul 2 13:41:59 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 02 July 2008, 15:23:29, Glenn Satchell wrote:

> >> 	[...] ~40 of this
> >> 	pool {
> >>                 # test east wing
> >>                 allow members of "east-wing-22";
> >>                 range 10.30.24.101 10.30.24.199;
> >>                 option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;
> >>                 option broadcast-address 10.30.24.255;
> >>         }
> >> }

> If you have 44 subnets, then you need to define all of these in
> dhcpd.conf. If your network is separate networks then it doesn't match
> your config which was 10.34/16 - that's a single flat network.
> dhcpd.conf must describe the real network topology.

I found it working with 1 subnet 10.30/16 and with 44 different pools with 44
differents subnet-masks, range and broadcast address.

However if the same could be done with a different syntax which is more future
proof I will adhere for sure, thanks for pointing this.

Nobody pointed yet how to refuse a DHCP server based on a missing or a wrong
option... any hints there?

--
ESC:wq

believed to be clean.