matching on giaddr field

Eric Helm helmwork at ruraltel.net
Fri Jul 25 02:11:04 UTC 2008

Simon Hobson wrote:
> BTW, for the OP :
>
> When you turn on the relay agent (using the "IP helper ..." function),
> it turns on a whole lot more. There is a list of about half a dozen
> 'helpful' things you probably want to explicitly turn off - I can't
> remember what they are, but it has been in the archives a few times (try
> searching for "ip helper address").

For purposes of finishing this thought...

"By default, the ip forward-protocol udp command enables forwarding for
ports associated with the following protocols: Trivial File Transfer
Protocol, Domain Name System, Time service, NetBIOS Name Server, NetBIOS
Datagram Server, Boot Protocol, and Terminal Access Controller Access
Control System."

To disable forwarding those protocols that are normally routed:
no ip forward-protocol udp netbios-ns
no ip forward-protocol udp netbios-dgm
no ip forward-protocol udp tacacs
no ip forward-protocol udp tftp