DHCP / Cisco IPhelper - Problem to get valid IP-Adresses

Tim Peiffer peiffer at umn.edu
Thu Jul 31 13:20:42 UTC 2008

You are missing a critical element.. what is the configuration of the
subnet..  do you multinet (aka secondary)?
The 'ip helper-address' in the cisco's only cause the router to edit the
giaddr field of the DHCP packet, tear off the IP broadcast headers and
then resend them as unicast to the 'helper-address' as a destination.

Regards,
Tim Peiffer

--
Tim Peiffer