DHCP / Cisco IPhelper - Problem to get valid IP-Adresses

Luis Fernando Lacayo lflacayo at cps.k12.il.us
Thu Jul 31 17:37:16 UTC 2008

Hi all,

a few weeks ago I posted a message about a problem that I encountered.
I had a two server dhcp redundant/failover setup and I deleted the
dhcp.leases(~) files as I did not have enough room to save them. ( I
know a very stupid thing to do. no excuses).

I have been running on a single (with none failover) dhcp server and
want to return to a two server configuration. I am not doing DDNS, so I
don't have to worry about that now.  The problem is that when I restart
both servers they STOP offering IP addresses, and I see a lot of
recovering messages on the logs.

What do I have to do? reset a file, or delete files or anything to start
from scratch.  When I first started with this configuration  I had no
problem.  Any Help is greatly appreciated as I don't feel good running
on a single server.

Thanks in advance.

Luis

Luis Fernando Lacayo