Classes and failover

Rene Joergensen rgj at fzr.dk
Fri Jun 27 08:29:05 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 11:58:36PM -0500, Austin Gabel wrote:

> The classes should not have any affect on this issue.  Your failover is the
> problem here.  Try adding the split line to the secondary failover
> declaration.  I'm pretty sure this statement is required for both servers.

It gets this value from the master, and if you try to configure it, you
get:

dhcpd self-test failed. Please fix the config file.
The error was:
Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Server V3.1.1
Copyright 2004-2008 Internet Systems Consortium.
All rights reserved.
For info, please visit http://www.isc.org/sw/dhcp/
/etc/dhcp3/dhcpd.failover line 10: secondary may not define load balance
settings.
  split 128;
        ^
/etc/dhcp3/dhcpd.conf line 25: /etc/dhcp3/dhcpd.failover: bad parse.
include "/etc/dhcp3/dhcpd.failover"
        ^
Configuration file errors encountered -- exiting

--
-René