Encapsulated match if

Glenn Satchell Glenn.Satchell at uniq.com.au
Wed Mar 5 14:52:25 UTC 2008

What about just defining option 67 in an appropriate scope (maybe
subnet, global or group for example). If the client requested option
67, then it will be sent and if they don't request it, it won't be
sent, so no harm done?

Or just had this stroke of inspiration using execute to run an external
command:

  match if execute("expr",
    binary-to-ascii(10, 8, "-", option dhcp-parameter-request-list),
    ":", ".*-67");

You could also do something with awk or perl perhaps in a one-liner.

execute() is in 3.1.0, maybe 3.0.6? but not in 3.0.5.

man dhcp-eval

     execute (command-path [, data-expr1, ... data-exprN]);

       The execute statement runs an external command.  The first
       argument  is  a string literal containing the name or path
       of the command to run.  The other arguments,  if  present,
       are  either  string  literals  or  data- expressions which
       evaluate to text strings, to  be  passed  as  command-line
       arguments to the command.

regards,
-glenn

>Subject: RE: Encapsulated match if
>Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 14:38:52 +0100
>From: "Olivier Bax de Keating" <olivier.baxdekeating.external at aastra.com>
>To: <dhcp-users at isc.org>
>
>Hi,
>
>I wanted to know if it's possible for dhcpd to check if a given parameter is
requested by the client, this means : if a given option code is in the option 55
(Options Request List parameter). I can't use substring because I don't know in
which order the options will appear)

>Examples :
>Option 55 presented by device 1: {1,3,60,66,67}
>Option 55 presented by device 2: {1,3,60,67}
>
>If I want to make a class of devices which request option 67, I don't know
which function to use to do this, and if it's possible.

>If an isInArray function existed, here is what I'd like to do.
>
>class "Device1" {
>    match  if isInArray(option dhcp-parameter-request-list, 67);
>}
>
>If you've got any ideas ...
>
>Thx For all
>
>Olivier
>
>PS :
>
>For my previous pb, I'm gonna try smthg like that :
>
>class "Device1" {
>    if substring    (option  vendor-class-identifier, 0, 15) = "Name of
Device1"{