DHCP option 184 and 200 on mac os x tiger server

Tina Siegenthaler tina at zool.uzh.ch
Tue Mar 25 11:11:04 UTC 2008

Am 20.03.2008 um 21:00 schrieb David W. Hankins:

> On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 03:46:55PM -0500, Keith Mitnick wrote:
>> I need some help setting up DHCP options 184 and 220 on my Mac os x
>> Tiger server.  There is no way to do it in the GUI.  Does anyone
>> know what files I need to edit in the command line?  If anyone can
>> walk me through an easy way of setting this up, I'd
>> greatly appreciate it.
>

> ...does osx tiger install isc dhcpd?

No, it doesn't. We run some Mac OS X servers, and we decided to use
ISC dhcpd instead of the Mac OS DHCP server, because it's way more
flexible... the GUI of the Mac DHCP server is nice and easy to use,
but doesn't provide that many options.

You can ask questions about Mac OS X server on the Mac OS X server
mailing list – subscribe to it here: