Files location in DHCP 4.0.0

gagadget at free.fr gagadget at free.fr
Mon May 5 13:16:54 UTC 2008

Selon gagadget at free.fr:

> Dear listers,
>
> I have troubles to get the right files in the right places when compiling
> dhcp
> 4.0.0 :
>
> ./configure --prefix=$INSTALL_DIR --disable-dhcpv6
> where $INSTALL_DIR is where I want to install everthing.
>
> What I got is a dhcpd that use these files :
> /var/run/dhcpd.pid
> /var/db/dhcpd.leases
> /etc/dhcpd.conf
>
> Instead of :
> $INSTALL_DIR/var/run/dhcpd.pid
> $INSTALL_DIR/var/db/dhcpd.leases
> $INSTALL_DIR/etc/dhcpd.conf
>
> as documented in ./configure --help
>
> If I set manually the directories like that :
> --prefix=$INSTALL_DIR --disable-dhcpv6 --sysconfdir=$INSTALL_DIR/etc
> --localstatedir=$INSTALL_DIR/var
>
> dhcpd is still looking for dhcpd.conf in /etc ... no way to configure that at
> compile time.
>
> Am I missing something ?
>
> Regards,
> Gael.

When doing ./configure --help, you get :

  --with-srv-lease-file=PATH
                          File for dhcpd leases (default is
                          LOCALSTATEDIR/db/dhcpd.leases)
  --with-cli-lease-file=PATH
                          File for dhclient leases (default is
                          LOCALSTATEDIR/db/dhclient.leases)
  --with-srv-pid-file=PATH
                          File for dhcpd process information (default is
                          LOCALSTATEDIR/run/dhcpd.pid)
  --with-cli-pid-file=PATH
                          File for dhclient process information (default is
                          LOCALSTATEDIR/run/dhclient.pid)
  --with-relay-pid-file=PATH
                          File for dhcrelay process information (default is
                          LOCALSTATEDIR/run/dhcrelay.pid)

which false because whith or without setting LOCALSTATEDIR, the result is the
same and everything goes in /var ...

Is going to be corrected, I have opened a bug report, just in case.

Regards,
Gael.