DHCP and Dynamic DNS

Roger Lestru rogerlestru at googlemail.com
Thu May 8 09:57:56 UTC 2008

Hi,

We are using dhcpd and bind from ISC.  Our network is spread geographically,
and we have a number of dns and dhcp servers.  Our dhcp servers are
dynamically updating our bind primary server, with dhcp client updates, and
that is working fine for the most part.  The issue that we have, is when a
wan link goes down, or when a remote dhcp server cannot contact the primary
dns server, then the dns update fails.

I'm wondering if there is a way around this with dhcpd?  Is it possible to
queue the dns update, or something similar?

Thanks!
RL