Segfault in conflex.c at line 249 in dhcpd ver 3.0.7 built for debugging

Michael Grigoni michael.grigoni at cybertheque.org
Sun May 18 21:30:46 UTC 2008

Greetings:

In an attempt to netboot Macintosh G5 machines from our Solaris Sparc
2.6 host, I have built dhcpd ver. 3.0.7 using gcc 3.4.2.  In order
to troubleshoot pattern matching problems in subclass blocks, I
rebuilt dhcpd with many debugging options set in 'site.h'; the
result is a segfault in 'conflex.c' at line 249 (at an fprintf()
statement).

A collection of relevant files, gdb output and other dumps is here:

   http://www.cybertheque.org/sw/isc_dhcp/DEBUG.d

I need to get some verbose debugging working to examine the
logic my dhcpd.conf; all help in fixing the segfault quickly
would be much appreciated (as opposed to just filing a
bug report).

Regards,

Michael