Variable setting question

D.J. O'Berry doberry at zcorum.com
Mon May 19 19:20:11 UTC 2008

Hello all,

I'm using a test server with Version 3.1.0 of ISC. I'm trying to create
a template to cover multiple server installs and am using variables. i
created a var.conf file, full of many variables. However, one variable I
need to get working will not work.

The subnet the test box is in will not take a variable for its entry. It
only wants to take the subnet.

message: /etc/dhcpd/dhcpd.conf line 63: expecting numeric value.
subnet SERVNETm

In my var.conf file, the line is entered this way:  set SERVNETm =
"xx.xx.xx.xx"; where or course xx is the actual subnet itself.

I'd use the numeric value, but this is one of the key things I'm trying
to make a change able variable in the var.conf file to make adjustments
quicker and easier.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

D.J. O'Berry.