3.0.x vs 3.1.x (was Re: ISC DHCP 3.0.7 is now available!)
Evan_Hunt at isc.org
Mon May 19 19:52:38 UTC 2008
On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 03:33:19PM -0400, Randall C Grimshaw wrote:
> >> A memory leak when using omapi has been fixed.
> That is great news!! Thank you.
> Can I confess that I am losing track of the differences between 3.0.7
> and 3.1.1 and request the kindness of a pointer to an overview?
That's covered in the RELNOTES file in the 3.1.x release:
Version 3.1.x of the ISC DHCP Distribution includes the following major
- A significantly enhanced Failover protocol implementation, which:
- Implements MAC Address Affinity to reduce the frequency of
clients being assigned new IP addresses;
- Supports the assignment of failover-protected addresses to
legacy BOOTP clients;
- Implements a dynamic lease reservation system that provides
improved accounting of the use of fixed address assignments,
by allocating fixed addresses out of the pool of dynamic
- Further improves tools and reduces operator oversight
necessary for maintaining a functioning system.
- Support for DHCP Leasequery, and the VIVCO/VIVSO options, which
makes easy and comfortable integration with DOCSIS devices and
the environment in which they are used.
- Management of class and subclass statements via OMAPI.
- Several server configuration options related to dynamic DNS
- Other new configuration functions, including "execute()",
which runs a shell command from within a dhcpd or dhclient
Evan Hunt -- evan_hunt at isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.
More information about the dhcp-users