host declarations based on agent.remote-id

Austin Gabel austin at gilroycal.com
Tue May 20 22:23:05 UTC 2008

I do something similar to this.  To set the static this way you just create
a pool with a range of one address, and only allow the option 82 info that
you want.  For your setup you could use:

class "customer1" { match if binary-to-ascii(16, 8, ":", substring(option
agent.remote-id, 2, 6)) = "00:00:00:00:00:00" }
pool {deny dynamic bootp clients; allow members of "customer1"; range
192.168.1.100; }

You would need to set up these two lines for each reservation.