TFTP on scope

Glenn Satchell Glenn.Satchell at uniq.com.au
Mon May 26 15:29:55 UTC 2008

man dhcp-options and man dhcpd.conf

Try using either of these two statements. They fill in different
options, and it is up to the client which one (or both) it accepts.

Note that next-server takes a hostname or ip address as a parameter, so
no quotes. tftp-server-name takes a text parameter, so it needs quotes.

  next-server 192.168.0.1;

  option tftp-server-name "192.168.0.1";

It would be helpful if you posted the exact lines from your dhcpd.conf
and the exact error message. As you can see quotes and semi-colons are
important.

dhcp-options also covers user specified options, and this explains how
to set up option-150 or other user defined names if the above two
suggestions don't work for you.

regards,
-glenn