DHCP Server Configuration Problem

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri May 30 22:19:07 UTC 2008

jimmy sabnani wrote:
>PLEASE  EXPLAIN HOW TO INSTALL THIS DHCP PROGREM IN MY COMPUTER I
>DONT KNOW HOW TO DO.

First, please do not hijack existing threads - yours is a new problem
and you should start a NEW thread. This is because many mail user
agents and most of the mail archivers use information in the email
headers to sort messages into threads, and by starting your query by
replying to another message, your query will get intermingled with
another unrelated thread.

Second, in order for us to help, you will need to give us some clues.
We know nothing at all about your system and cannot begin to offer
meaningful help. I can however give you some pointers.

 From the question I have to assume your overall knowledge about your
OS and installing software is limited. On that assumption, I would
suggest your first course of action should be to see if your OS
offers the ISC server as a ready built package - installing this is
the easiest option and the most likely to give you a working
configuration. If a prebuilt package is not available, then you will
need to give some information about your setup before we can offer
any useful help.