??: omshell and failover-state object

li jun li-jun-a at hdsc.hitachi-displays.com
Sat Nov 1 08:28:23 UTC 2008

Hello all
         I am comfused by the problem that "pear holds all free
leases".Someone told me that omshell can be used to figure out this problem.
But I am a rookie about  DHCP,Is there someone  kind to give me some
resuorce about  how to use omshell. Even  URLs  is OK.
Thanks in advance!

---------------------
LIJUN
IS DEPARTMENT
HITACHI DISPLAYS DEVICES(SUZHOU)
CN

  _____

???: dhcp-users-bounce at isc.org [mailto:dhcp-users-bounce at isc.org] ??
Greg.Rabil at ins.com
????: 2008?10?31? 4:53
???: dhcp-users at isc.org
??: omshell and failover-state object

With failover, it is my understanding that omshell can be used to force a
"partner-down" state so that the primary server can issue all leases,
including those marked as "backup".  I have tried the following:

1.  Start primary and failover servers with a shared pool of ten addresses.

2.  Request all ten leases from the primary, using clients on the configured
subnet.

1.       In v3.0.6, I can get seven of the ten leases before the primary
complains that the "peer holds all free leases"

2.       In v3.1, I can get eight of the ten leases before the primary
complains that the "peer holds all free leases"

3.  Stop the failover server.

4.  Attempt to get all ten leases again, still get 7 or 8 depending on DHCP
version.

5.  Wait MCLT seconds and attempt to get all ten leases again, still get 7
or 8.

6.  Use omshell to connect to the primary server and set the local-state
variable of the failover-state object to 1 (3.0.6) or 4 (3.1) to force
"partner-down".

7.  Attempt to get all ten leases again, still get 7 or 8 depending on DHCP
version.

8.  Wait MCLT seconds and attempt to get all ten leases again, still get 7
or 8.