multiple interfaces

Tom Schmitt TomSchmitt at gmx.de
Wed Nov 5 16:55:48 UTC 2008

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 10:07:22 +0000
> Von: Simon Hobson <dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk>
> An: dhcp-users at isc.org
> Betreff: Re: multiple interfaces

> Tom Schmitt wrote:
>
> >I'm using dhcp v 3.1.1 on a server with several network-interfaces.
> >I want the dhcpd only to use one of these interfaces.
> >
> >Is there any possibility to define the networkinterface in the
> >dhcpd.conf? I couldn't find anything in man dhcpd.conf.
>
> No, the command line method is the only way. But bear in mind that
> many Linux distributions provide a way to do this - for example, in
> Debian, you can put a list of interfaces in
> /etc/default/dhcp<somthing>
>
> However, depending on your needs, it might be possible to fudge it.
> If you are able to run a dhcp server on the other networks, then you
> can simply define a subnet for each interface and then specify
> "ignore booting" in the subnet declaration. The server will still
> start up on those interfaces, but it will simply ignore all packets
> received.
>
> --
> Simon Hobson

Thank you for your answer.
The operatingsystem I use is solaris. The solution with the "ignore booting" doesn't help me, because the reason for wanting to define a network interface is not only to ignore the requests on other interfaces. The reason is that I need the dhcpd to use the ip-adress of a specific network-interface as it's source IP, because this is the only address that will go through a firewall on the way.
So I think I have to stick to command-line.

--
GMX Download-Spiele: Preizsturz! Alle Puzzle-Spiele Deluxe über 60% billiger.
http://games.entertainment.gmx.net/de/entertainment/games/download/puzzle/index.html