Cisco WAP Option 43

Brendan Forsyth bff at pvhs.org
Mon Nov 10 19:09:58 UTC 2008

I posted a question a few weeks about getting this to work and it did.  Now the requirements have changed somewhat.

Access points at site 'Y' need to get access a different WISM controller than access points at site 'X'.  There is also a site 'Z'  that has
the same issue.

When I defined these they all try to use the site 'Y' controller and then the join process fails for 'X' and 'Z'.

How do I separate out the scopes for this?

I have tried the define an array of ip-address the encompasses the WISM controllers but I am having difficulty getting that to work.

###########################
option controller code 43 = array of ip-address;

class "Cisco AP c1200-172-17-112" {
        match if option vendor-class-identifier = "Cisco AP c1200";
        option vendor-class-identifier "Cisco AP c1200";
        option controller 172.17.254.41, 172.20.254.41;
}
class "Cisco AP c1130-172-17-112" {
        match if option vendor-class-identifier = "Cisco AP c1130";
        option vendor-class-identifier "Cisco AP c1130";
        option controller 172.17.254.41, 172.20.254.41;
}

Thanks,
Brendan
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  The information contained in this e-mail is privileged and confidential, and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, electronic storage or use of this communication is prohibited.  If you received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, attaching the original message, and delete the original message from your computer and any network to which your computer is connected.