command to ignore certain macs?

John Wobus jw354 at cornell.edu
Fri Oct 3 20:03:33 UTC 2008

Look up 'deny booting' and 'ignore booting' in the dhcpd.conf man page.
Typical configuration looks like this:

host roguecomputer245 {hardware ethernet 00:44:ac:ac:d3:04; deny
booting;}

(This is a global line within the config file :)
My recollection is that the difference between 'deny' and 'ignore' is
that one of the two methods
puts a line in the DHCP log, the other does not.  I don't recall which
is which.

John