phpDHCPAdmin demo

Jason Gerfen jason.gerfen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 21:28:01 UTC 2008

Hey everyone. I have just setup a demo of the latest release of a tool
I have developed for large scale networks. I know shameless tool
builder, thought it might help some people.

http://phpdhcpadmin.sourceforge.net/demo/

There are several users setup to demonstrate the *nix permissions
allowing multiple users to edit information in the dhcpd.conf without
overwriting each others changes.

admin:password (similar to root user)
PCAdmin:password (PC Group administrative user)
MACAdmin:password (MAC Group administrative user)
PCUser:password (PC group user access level user)
MACUser:password (MAC group user access level user)

A brief breakdown of permissions and features for those that are interested:
Anyone assigned to the admin user group can access all subnet, pxe
group, global options, static hosts, address pools, groups and users.
Anyone assigned to pc group with an administrative access level can
only modify subnets, pxe groups, global options, static hosts, address
pools, groups and users belonging to that group.
Anyone assigned to the pc group with a user access level can only
modify static hosts and restart the dhcpd service for changes.

I have done a bit of testing myself and plan to include some new
features such as lease management, importing of hosts, importing of
.conf's and more options for the global stuff (as there seems to be
quite a bit more then I had originally anticipated)

Any features, bugs, support you need is on the project sourceforge
page. http://phpdhcpadmin.sourceforge.net.

--
Jas