dhcp with two relay agents

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Thu Oct 30 17:47:24 UTC 2008

That's the amazing thing about CMTS' - it pretty well just works.

I have the CM's in their own subnet.  The CPE and eMTAs are together in a
shared network.  I configured the CMTS as follows:
	cable helper-address a.b.c.d cable-modem global
	cable helper-address a.b.c.d host global
	cable helper-address a.b.c.d mta global
and the DHCP server figures it out correctly.

The eMTAs have host entries defined, so they don't get CPE IPs.

Frank