IPv6 setup

John Jason Brzozowski john_brzozowski at cable.comcast.com
Tue Sep 9 03:32:33 UTC 2008

Try this:

option dhcp6.domain-name-servers code 23 = array of ip6-address;
option dhcp6.time-servers code 40 = array of ip6-address;
option dhcp6.time-offset code 41 = signed integer 32;

option dhcp-renewal-time 86400;
option dhcp-rebinding-time 43200;

ddns-update-style interim;
ddns-domainname "example.com";
authoritative;

subnet6 2001:558:FF10:405::/64 {
    option dhcp6.domain-name-servers fd00::230:48ff:fe83:5ffa;
    range6 2001:0db8:ff10:405::/64;
}

I believe the server can only support one mode at a time, IPv4 or IPv6 not
both.  You can probably start two instances simultaneously but will likely
need separate sets of files to support the operation of each server.

HTH

On 9/8/08 7:09 PM, "Defryn, Guy" <G.P.Defryn at massey.ac.nz> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I don't post to the list very often but occasionally I have to deal with DHCP
> and the list is very helpful.
>
> I am looking into implementing a dhcp server for IPv6 addressing.
> I have never dealt with IPv6 and I seem to have problems finding setup
> information.
>
> I have just compiled version 4.0.0. I would like to know how to tackle the
> dhcpd.conf file
> for IPv6. The default /usr/etc/dhcpd.conf file does not seem to have any v6
> related configuration
> in it. Any info or example would be appreciated.
>
> Also, at a later stage I would like to offer v4 and v6 addressing from the
> same server.
> I know that you'll need to run two daemons for this but do they use the same
> dhcpd.conf?
>
> Excuse my ignorance.
>
> cheers

John Jason Brzozowski