Editing dhcpd.conf without corrupting leases

Tom Schmitt TomSchmitt at gmx.de
Tue Apr 14 07:08:08 UTC 2009

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 11:32:33 -0500
> Von: Sean Kelly <smkelly at rooster.creighton.edu>
> An: Users of ISC DHCP <dhcp-users at lists.isc.org>
> Betreff: Re: Editing dhcpd.conf without corrupting leases

> Unless I'm missing something, there is no proper locking done of thelease
> file now for me to leverage or become "smart" about. As for double
> updates,
> my updaters on.y touch dhcpd.conf. The corruption is being seen on
> dhcpd.leases, which I do not touch at all. I can't have two updates at
> once
> because the update runs from cron, not triggered directly by a web
> registration.

Why are you so sure that you can't have two updates at once? You wrote the update is happen quite often. On my installation such a relaod takes more than two minutes. If you have a smaller installation (or a faster server :-) yours may take less, but maybe when your server has a big load from other processes it takes sometimes longer than expected and reaches the time the next update is started by cron?
--
Neu: GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate + Telefonanschluss für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!* http://dslspecial.gmx.de/freedsl-surfflat/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a