Silly config or bug?

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Apr 24 14:03:17 UTC 2009

hi,

if I recall correctly, you cannot operate DHCP on a
secondary interface range on cisco kit with ip helper

ie the DHCP server must have a leg on that VLAN and be listening
for that range if you want to do it.

yet another reason to avoid a secondary interface on a VLAN
(unless its only for static hosts I guess) - they are widely
condemned s being bad things (tm) - only useful in migration
states (eg moving static hosts from a public IP range to a private
range so they can still be routed without messing with VLANs
at switch-level)

alan