Best practice on removing IP Scopes(subnets)

John Hascall john at iastate.edu
Fri Apr 24 16:54:35 UTC 2009

Christof Chen writes:
> I just want to mention there is a fairly recent addition to DHCPD:
>     deny after TIME;
> in a pool shortens the lease duration automatically as TIME approaches.
> Together with a corresponding
>     allow after TIME;
> in a different pool this allows for a nearly automatic switchover at a
> preconfigured time.

That's pretty swell, but what would really be awesome is
something which would allow renews, but not new offers
in a pool!

Maybe allowing "deny booting" in pool scope could do that.

Then you could very nicely switch from one pool to another.

John
John Hascall, john at iastate.edu
Team Lead, NIADS (Network Infrastructure, Authentication & Directory Services)
IT Services, The Iowa State University of Science and Technology