Dual DNS server farms in dhcpd.conf

Randall C Grimshaw rgrimsha at syr.edu
Tue Apr 28 17:32:29 UTC 2009

This sounds like it should work fairly well for you, but one thing to follow-up on is the client behavior when issuing DHCPINFO requests. DHCPd will provide the global default DNS in such cases.

We do something like this using the group method as someone else suggested to you, but the success is limited to a use case where it is non-critical that the users get the correct address every time.

Randy