DHCP on router and BOOTP on server. Is it possible?

Dmitry Shumilin sdv.brest at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 07:27:29 UTC 2009

Thanks for quick answer.
All these ways are very smart, but not acceptable in my case.
1. I can't change router's configuration
2. There can be absolutely random PCs on network with random MAC addresses.
3. I can't turn off existing DHCP on router.

But, i got some idea.
Maybe it's possible to configure DHCP client in way, so it will accept only
requests containing netboot part OR we can configure DHCP client for accept
only requests from specified IP or MAC (maybe by configuring DHCP client or
using firewall in init environment if this is possible).
Remember, that DHCP client is running on init environment. I can change
initrd configs and re-assemble it.

Thanks in advance.