DHCPD Subnet Allocation

Greg Johnson gjohnson at psci.net
Tue Aug 25 12:17:43 UTC 2009

Can ISC DHCPD be configured to do subnet allocation to a DHCP client.  I have several Cisco routers that I use for Broadband Aggregation that support what they call:  On-Demand Address Pool (ODAP) clients.  Can the ISC DHCPD server do this?  In other words the DHCP client requests a /24 or /22 worth of address space at one time.

I found the following draft document on subnet allocation, but no reference to any DHCP server implementation supporting this:

http://www.ietf.org/old/2009/proceedings/04nov/IDs/draft-ietf-dhc-subnet-alloc-01.txt

Thanks,
Greg Johnson