Problems with DHCP using VLANs

Tim Gavin livewire98801 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 18:48:39 UTC 2009

The INTERFACES= statement was in the sample dhcpd.conf file that was
included with my dhcp3-server package, but it appears that it's not
being observed.  I've removed it from my config.  There were no
errors, it appears to just be ignored.

Without the /etc/default/dhcp3-server script in place, my server is
running beautifully, though I did get the 'no subnet declaration' for
the interfaces I'm not doing DHCP for.  IIRC, this is the 'normal'
behaviour, or at least it used to be.

Thanks for pointing that out, I imagine that if I had left that
statement in the config, some future upgrade would have broken, and
I'd be left with no idea why :)

Thanks again for all your help. . . I was finally able to retire my
last windows DHCP server.  woot :)

Tim